Optimist International’s mission is to foster an optimistic way of life, through a network of optimist members, dedicated to the full development of their potential in order to provide ever-expanding service to youth, the community, and the world.
Optimist International will be recognized worldwide as an organization of people committed to optimism and self-development for the improvement of youth and community.
Purposes of The Optimist Club
- To develop optimism as a philosophy of life;
- To promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs;
- To inspire respect for law;
- To promote patriotism and work for international accord and friendship among all people;
- To aid and encourage the development of youth;
- In the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being of man, his community, and the world.